In mid October, Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio sent 16 athletes to compete on behalf of AGSA, the U.S. and Mexico, in the first ever Pan American Championships held in Caguas, Puerto Rico. The Pan American Championship is a multi national acrobatics competition which includes the countries of Canada, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Mexico, and the U.S.
The following is a list of AGSA athletes that represented our facility:
- Sarah Diamond, Elizabeth Heinz11-16 Women's Pair (USA)
- Morgan Price, Alex Edwards11-16 Women's Pair (USA)
- Ximena Suarez, Isabella Melendez11-16 Women's Pair (MEX)
- Jordan Gruendler, Lexi Leinonen, Elizabeth Kirchner11-16 Women's Group (USA)
- Thalia Berry, Aubrey Rosilier12-18 Women's Pair (USA)
- Alyssa Delgado, Connie Kickrillo, Gabby Foster12-18 Women's Group (USA)
- Maren Merwarth, Jessica RenteriaSenior Women's Pair (USA)
The Senior Women’s Pair Merwarth, and Renteria walked away with a gold medal. Women’s pair Berry and Rosilier also took first. Women’s Group Delgado, Foster, and Kickrillo took a silver medal home.
In the 11-16 age division, women’s group Gruendler, Leinonen, and Kirchner won gold. Women’s pair Price and Edwards also placed first, with women’s pair Diamond and Heinz close behind with a bronze.
AGSA is proud of all of our athletes that manage to fit so many hours of training into their already busy school life schedules, and look forward to the great things they will achieve at our next international competition in Great Britain!